- Austria’s Federal Ministry of Finance hopes to increase confidence in cryptocurrencies by taxing them like mainstream inventory and bond investments, in accordance to a Bloomberg story.
- Starting subsequent March, Austria is planning to apply a 27.5% capital good points levy on digital currencies, together with bitcoin and ether.
- The initiative might be a part of a nationwide tax overhaul.
- Austria referred to as its mannequin the primary of its type and stated streamlining circumstances between asset courses can be fairer for traders.
- “We are taking a step in the direction of equal treatment, to reduce mistrust and prejudice toward new technologies,” the Finance Ministry stated Tuesday in a press release cited by Bloomberg.
Read extra: House Sends Infrastructure Bill With Crypto Tax Provision to US President