A partnership first introduced in June is beginning to bear fruit.
- Digital banking firm Q2 Holdings said Friday that Five Star Bank and UNIFY Financial Credit Union would be the first to provide their prospects the power to purchase, promote and maintain bitcoin via a tie-up with NYDIG, an institutional bitcoin dealer.
- This partnership will enable on a regular basis banking and credit score union prospects to commerce and maintain bitcoin alongside their present accounts, avoiding using cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Five Star Bank has about 50 branches in Western New York.
- Torrance, California-headquartered UNIFY has about 50 branches nationwide, with over $3 billion in belongings and over 250,000 members.
- NYDIG additionally partnered with digital banking providers agency NCR to make cryptocurrency purchases obtainable to 650 banks, in accordance to a report in June.
Read extra: This NYDIG Partnership Could Bring Bitcoin to Your Local Credit Union