For Ben, the crypto hearings within the U.S. Senate – a complete bunch of them, truly! – actually marked this 12 months. Now it’s clear cryptocurrencies have some outstanding opponents on Capitol Hill together with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). What will the crypto politics be in 2022? Ben has some concepts.
On one other regulatory be aware, this 12 months the U.S. began an offensive on unlawful crypto use, and additionally demonstrated that the seemingly decentralized and world world of blockchains just isn’t above sanctions insurance policies. That offensive may develop in 2022, Anna believes.
And, of course, NFTs! What would characterize this 12 months higher? Whether the hype will die down or the NFT wave will maintain engulfing the world in 2022 is up within the air, however Ben, Anna and Danny have theories to share.
Also on this episode: Ben singing and Danny because the Crypto Grinch. Enjoy your holidays!
Mentioned on this episode:
- Robert Reich: The crypto-congressional complex
- Senate Banking Committee Bashes Bitcoin’s ‘Phony’ Populism
- This Imprisoned Russian Artist Is Selling NFTs to Support His Family and Fellow Inmates
- ConsenSys Suddenly Bars Iranian Students From Ethereum Coding Class
- Chatex Users Ask US Treasury to Release Crypto Frozen by Sanctions
This episode was produced, introduced and edited by Michele Musso. Our Holiday theme music is by Hill and Dresden.