Core Scientific, the blockchain internet hosting and digital asset mining firm, is constructing a brand new 300 megawatt blockchain information middle in the town of Denton, Texas.
- The firm is constructing the info middle utilizing “emissions-free power supplemented by renewable energy credits.”
- “When completed, the new Denton data center will increase the Company’s total power capacity to more than 800MW while remaining 100% net carbon-neutral,” the corporate mentioned in a statement on Thursday.
- The growth is part of a growth collaboration with privately held Tenaska Energy, which can present growth and energy administration companies for the power and function vitality advisor.
- Core is planning to go public by way of a particular objective acquisition firm (SPAC) with Power & Digital Infrastructure Acquisition Corp.
- Recently, crypto mining agency Argo Blockchain mentioned that it agreed to purchase 20,000 mining machines for the info middle it’s constructing in West Texas. The firm mentioned that by selecting the Texas location, Argo has been in a position to safe entry to among the “cheapest renewable energy worldwide.”