U.S.-based crypto exchange Gemini has launched its interest-bearing product for the people of Hong Kong.
- “Gemini Earn” enables customers to receive up to 8.05% annual percentage yield (APY), according to a press release on Tuesday.
- The exchange currently supports interest-bearing APY for up to 39 different assets with the highest provided by Gemini’s personal stablecoin GUSD.
- Jeremy Ng, managing director of Gemini Asia Pacific, advised CoinDesk by way of Telegram Tuesday that the transfer was half of the change’s enlargement into Asia.
- “It’s important to provide our customers here with access to products and tools to help them along their crypto journey,” stated Ng. “Gemini is committed to developing products that are customized and localized for our Asia-based customers.”
- Founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, Gemini expanded into the Asia Pacific final 12 months, establishing a base in Singapore, and a satellite tv for pc workplace in Hong Kong.
Read extra: Gemini Plots Singapore Expansion With Appointment of New Asia Director