Crypto Connect, knowledgeable community for folks in the crypto business, is launching in 12 cities throughout the United States, with plans to go worldwide in the long run.
The community was based by Anderson Kill legal professional Hailey Lennon, who felt “personal frustration” with networking alternatives during the last yr.
“There’s already incredible meetups in different locations, so our goal isn’t to take that over,” Lennon informed CoinDesk in an interview. “Rather, it’s to serve as a standing resource and know about the meetups and events that are already happening in each city and be a centralized resource for people to access that information.”
The community can even host its personal occasions and meetups, and even plans to carry a convention subsequent yr. In the long run, the objective is to companion with recruiters and host annual conferences all internationally.
Lennon is already well-connected inside the crypto business. As a former lawyer at Coinbase and bitFlyer, she labored carefully with U.S. regulators whereas additionally incessantly talking at crypto-related occasions.
Joining her is a board of 26 equally completed business professionals together with Lauren Day from Binance.US, Teana Baker-Taylor of the Chamber of Digital Commerce, Lolli’s Aubrey Strobel, YouTuber Naomi Brockwell and extra.
“For me, it was individuals who had already shown themselves to be connection makers,” Lennon mentioned. “There are so many amazing people in the space and being a resource to the industry really means being able to connect everyone to each other.”
Even although the community is at the moment absolutely female-led, it isn’t unique to ladies in the sector.
“For me, men and women have been such amazing resources in my professional development that I feel that having an organization that excludes men would not be beneficial to the ecosystem,” Lennon mentioned.
Crypto Connect will begin internet hosting occasions in October. Cities thus far embrace Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Washington, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, New York, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle.
Here’s the complete listing of members of the founding crew, as provided by the group:
- Hailey Lennon, Partner @ Anderson Kill
Chapter Leads, who additionally sit on the Board, embrace:
- Austin – Kaily Buemi, Executive Assistant @ Unchained Capital
- Chicago – Lexy Prodromos, Product Manager, Blockchain and Digital Currency @ Discover
- Dallas – Natalie Smolenski, Chair of the Board @ Texas Blockchain Council
- DC – Michelle Bond, CEO @ ADAM
- Denver – Saira Rahman, VP Finance @ HMBradley / Co-host, GJWHF
- Los Angeles – Wendy O, Founder & Host @ The O Show
- Miami – Jalak Jobanputra, Founder & Managing Partner @ Future Perfect Ventures
- Nashville – Evie Phillips, Co-Founder & CMO @ NFTglee
- New York – Aubrey Strobel, CMO @ Lolli
- San Diego – Valeria Bystrowicz, Attorney @ Perkins Coie
- San Francisco – Lauren Day, Compliance @ Binance.US
- Seattle – Arry Yu, Managing Director @ Yellow Umbrella Ventures & Chair @ WTIA Cascadia Blockchain Council
Other U.S. Board Members embrace:
- Charlene Fadirepo, Founder & CEO @ Guidefi
- Cleve Mesidor, Advisor @ The Blockchain (*25*)
- Gina DeFelice, Director of Sales @ The Block
- Karyl Fowler, CEO and Co-Founder at Transmute
- Kelley Weaver, CEO @ Melrose PR
- Lea Thompson, Founder & Producer @ Girl Gone Crypto
- Leigh Cuen, Journalist & Co-founder @ (*25*) for Cryptocurrency Journalists and Researchers
- Michelle O’Connor, VP Marketing @ Taxbit
- Naomi Brockwell, Creator @ NBTV.media
- Tonya M. Evans, Professor @ Penn State Dickinson Law School,
Crypto Connect additionally has International Board Members that can assist help international growth of the group:
- Layah Heilpern, Author & Host @ The Layah Heilpern Show
- Teana Baker-Taylor, Chief Policy Officer @ Chamber of Digital Commerce