Celebrities Snoop Dogg and Deadmau5, shopper model guru Shaun Neff and the founders of Sandbox and the Polygon Network are the latest members of Outlier Ventures’ Base Camp Web 3 accelerator and can spend money on and advise this system’s startups.
- The Outlier Ventures’ accelerator was launched in 2019 and has been dubbed the “Y-Combinator” of the metaverse, elevating over $250 million in seed funding up to now for its portfolio of 100 tasks.
- Projects funded by the agency embrace these concerned in decentralized finance (DeFi), non-fungible tokens (NFT) and blockchain infrastructure, in addition to NFT-based digital couture style manufacturers, avatar marketplaces, play-to-earn video games and augmented actuality pets.
- The accelerator’s latest strategic members additionally embrace Sandbox co-founder Sebastien Borget and Polygon Network founder Sandeep Nailwal.
- “The metaverse will eventually connect every platform, virtual world and game into a single permissionless peer-to-peer economy native to the internet, most importantly underpinned by crypto and Web 3 technology,” stated Outlier Ventures CEO Jamie Burke in a press release.
- The metaverse is an area generated by the convergence of digital worlds, augmented actuality and web companies. By providing a collective digital expertise, it has launched new alternatives to creators, players and artists.
- Facebook just lately modified its company title to Meta and introduced its metaverse will assist NFTs.
- “In the same way that crypto is increasingly experienced through immersive experiences that bridge the real world with virtual assets, the metaverse makes our physical and digital spaces indistinguishable,” famous Burke.
Read extra: KuCoin Labs Launches $100M Fund for Metaverse Projects