The South China Morning Post (SCMP) has launched a white paper detailing its new non-fungible token (NFT) metadata commonplace referred to as Artifact. The commonplace shall be used to mint historic NFTs, together with the SCMP’s personal inaugural NFT assortment.
- The SCMP stated that Artifact’s metadata construction shall be constructed on the Flow blockchain that was initially created by Dapper Labs, the makers of the favored NBA Top Shot video NFTs.
- The Artifact white paper outlines a proposed governance construction in addition to the event of a devoted market for the sale of historic NFTs.
- The SCMP, which was purchased by Chinese tech large Alibaba in 2016, first introduced its plans to develop Artifact again in July.
- “Through our Artifact whitepaper, we look forward to inspiring other ‘guardians of history’ to share our vision of making history more discoverable, connected, and collectable,” stated Gary Liu, SCMP’s CEO, in an announcement.
- “We’re proud for SCMP to launch this visionary project that reanimates meaningful historical moments and we’re excited they have chosen Flow to be the foundation of Artifact’s launch protocol,” stated Mickey Maher, SVP, Partnerships, Dapper Labs.