Twitter is launching a devoted cryptocurrency workforce because it continues to assist the adoption of digital belongings and decentralized apps.
- Twitter has tapped Tess Rinearson to guide its new cryptocurrency workforce. Prior to becoming a member of Twitter, Rinearson labored at Tendermint on the consensus engine Tendermint Core, and beforehand labored on the software program funds agency Interstellar.
- In her Twitter thread announcing the move, Rinearson wrote that “First, we’ll be exploring how we can support the growing interest among creators to use decentralized apps to manage virtual goods and currencies, and to support their work and communities.”
- “Looking farther ahead, we’ll be exploring how ideas from crypto communities can help us push the boundaries of what’s possible with identity, community, ownership and more,” Rinearson continued.
- She additionally stated that the group might be working to “help shape the future of decentralized social media.”
- Currently, Twitter permits customers to ship and obtain bitcoin-denominated ideas through third-party fee channels.
I’m thrilled to share that I’ve joined Twitter, to guide a new workforce targeted on crypto, blockchains, and different decentralized applied sciences—together with and going past cryptocurrencies.✨ pic.twitter.com/HaP0k5hUOq
— Tess Rinearson (@_tessr) November 10, 2021